Listen to this blog or subscribe to my podcast

Friday, May 06, 2011

Carrot Sesame Basil Salad

It was one of those days when I just could not bring myself to cook anything in the morning. Also I did not have much in the fridge.
So I pulled out a few carrots and three sachets of the of ketchup.


The sliced the carrots...


...and then got out some iceberg lettuce and basil leaves that I had in the fridge...


I quickly chopped the basil...


...and then mixed half of the basil with the shredded lettuce...


I did not want the carrots to be too much of a 'chew' in the carrot, so I microwaved the carrots for a minute and then mixed the rest of the shredded basil with this.


I'd mixed them separately as this way the basil would mix better I thought. 


After this I started making the dressing. I cut and poured all the ketchup into a small bowl...


... then I put in a teaspoon of dark soya sauce...


... and added a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar...


I tossed everything together, added the dressing, and then topped everything with sesame seeds and some kalonji.


It was time to pack the salad and then quickly rush off to office after this.

2 comments:

Soul on fire said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Soul on fire said...

Did you use roasted sesame and nigella seeds? Would try this tom...