Listen to this blog or subscribe to my podcast

Friday, March 18, 2011

Cookies - Eggless, Flourless, and Sugarless

I wanted to make some cookies along with the carrot cake.. So I was looking for a recipe on the net that mixed oats with carrots..


I found this interesting recipe for cookies that I adopted and made my own. Have the look at the original recipe as well...


This is a very easy cookie to make... I made this while Guru and I were testing his Tata Photon connectivity in my flat. I think we were done and out in some 45min or so...


I took 4 bananas and some of the grapes left over from the carrot cake and squished them together and got an interesting purple slurry to get things moving...



... and yes... I added a a quarter cup of vegetable oil... 

Next, I got out a cup of Quaker's oats and about half a cup of raisins..




I added some ginger (very finely chopped) to add a little zing...





... And threw in some chopped figs as well...

 ... I added a bit of grated dry coconut to make things interesting... 

 I took the rubber spatula and went all mix-mix...

... This is the happy part. :D Some dark chocolate, chopped into little pieces went into the dry mix... About 250gm. I had and used Morde, but would recommend something better ... At least Selbourne extra dark.

 ... now the mixture looked like inviting muesli...


... the grated carrots joined the wet mix and did their little smoozing thing in the pool...



... the dry ingredients joined the wet ones in one happy cookie thing and soon I'd spooned out the lot onto some washed and recycled aluminum foil on the baking trays. This is my attempt at recycling ... 



...Oh yes! I added some toasted cucumber, water melon, musk melon, and other yummy seeds to add some crunch to the sweetness and gooey chocolate inside...


Tadaa!







Here're the ingredients:


1   cup - Grated Carrots
1   cup - Oats (I used Quakers Oats)
1.5 cups - Black Grapes (Squashed)
1.5 cups - Black Grapes (Squashed) (I needed 4 medium bananas)
3/4 cup  - Raisins
1/2 cup  - Chopped Figs
1/2 cup  - Dried coconut shavings
1/4 cup  - Vegetable Oil
250gm - Dark Chocolate (chopped to bits)


Frosting:


150gm - Cream Cheese (I used Britannia... Philadelphia is horribly expensive but preferred)
100gm - Icing Sugar
 25gm - Melted Butter (used Amul)


No comments: