Listen to this blog or subscribe to my podcast

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Lauki ka sabzi... (attempt 02)

Another Tuesday morning comes rolling in with DoraDora (the cat) ambling in to edge TingTingay (the white kitten) out from her milk.


The fridge defrosted and left a pool of water and paw prints in the kitchen as I added to the Tuesday morning squelch...


The vegetables in the crisper didn't really jump out at me and scream "cook-me-now" after the defrost. I removed a sheaf of palak to see half a lauki (bottle gourd) peeking at me. This would be a nice languid morning I decided and reached for the lauki.






The dhania patta (coriander leaves/cilantro) wallah had given me some nice curry patta (curry leaves) gratis in his hurry to shut shop and go home. I got a sprig out along with a few cloves of garlic and quickly crushed them and tossed everything in the pan with a dash of haldi (turmeric) and some tej patta (bay leaves) and then morning washed by me a little too quickly...


Another day at office beckoned...

No comments: