Listen to this blog or subscribe to my podcast

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Quick Wok Tossed Noodles with Spinach & Broccoli

I'd told Subha that I'd try and stir fry something in the wok and give it to her to taste when I met her next. When Guru and Subha said that they'd meet me on Saturday, I remembered what I'd promised.


I opened the fridge and saw nothing besides eggs, spinach, and some broccoli to toss with the noodles.


I sliced and smashed some ginger and garlic to start things off...


All this while the noodles dunked around in some boiling water...


The noodles soon were out and got rinsed in some cold water to prevent them from cooking further..


I warmed little oil in the wok


And then tossed in the ginger and garlic mince.


It is not a happy thing if you want to cook and photograph when you are using a wok since the searing heat cooks things in seconds... This got over browned in about 5 secs!




I quickly added the veggies and tossed them around




I added the noodles


... and rounded things by adding a splatter of toasted sesame seeds.




Guru and I gobbled up most of this.


While packing the noodles for Subha, I grated some lemon rind on top..




... And... We have some nice (and very quick) noodles :)


No comments: