Listen to this blog or subscribe to my podcast

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Muli Tomato Palak

I'd impulsively bought a lot of palak (spinach) and mooli (radish) when I'd gone veggie shopping. I woke up and wondered what to  do with the combo. So...


I took some tej patta (bay leaves), whole dried red chillies, a pinch of haldi and a fair bit of ajwain (which has the  fancy carom seeds or mistaken as bishop's weed across the ocean in the West).


I sliced a few tomatoes, grated a large mooli....


... and chopped a large bunch of palak as well...


... and realized that I was looking at a veritable flag of Italy ... :)


I dunked all the masala and oil into my trusty non-stick pan and waited for things to sputter. I decided to do this instead of adding the masala to hot oil, since I wanted the oil to get more of the aroma as it heated with the masala for longer than it would otherwise.


I put in all the veggies together and simmered in a covered pan, stirring once in between.


Then I got ready to pack and leave for office while the last bit of cooking happened... Quick and easy morning cooking :)

No comments: