Listen to this blog or subscribe to my podcast

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Zero Oil Egg Curry...

A lot of people in office are on a 'dieting' spree to become trimmer. So a lot of 'harrumph' happens when we share lunch and I get questions about 'how many teaspoons of oil' is in whatever I cook. Since a litre of cooking oil lasts me for months (even after using oil in some muffins), this irks me no end.

So one fine morning I decided to cook up some egg curry without any damned oil!



I 'd already hard boiled a few eggs the night earlier... So, in the morning I took out a couple of tomatoes, a little haldi, dhania, and jeera powder, a few cloves of garlic, and little nub of ginger. 


I puréed all of this together into a neat little paste before I did anything else...


I slapped the purée into my trusty non-stick pan...


... and simmered till I'd got a nice little 'reduction' happening that had imbibed all the flavours....


I also had come palak (spinach) that I washed and chopped up (almost as an after thought).


I put the palak into the reduction and added a wee bit of salt to get the palak to sweat out a bit...
And then I added the boiled eggs and I had my curry ready :)



3 comments:

Gomes said...

This is a nice one. I think I can manage this on my own. Will surely give this a go. Lets wait for the weekend.

Soul on fire said...

I liked palak add-on which you used. Will try this surely....

Anonymous said...

Great ...